Ramjet Anvil Show Ep. 6: Bringing Parachutes & Wingsuits Together
Ramjet Anvil Show Ep. 5: Growth & Early Access
Ramjet Anvil Show Ep.4: Visual Parachute Editor
Current release: v3.6
- Oculus Rift v1.3 support
- HTC Vive support
- Entirely new grass system: much more impressive graphics and performance
- Better colors, improved contrast, massively improved shadows
- Flight model tweaks
- Roll and stall limiters making the game easier on beginners (configurable)
- Smoother camera behavior
- And more...
We're working very hard to make Volo Airsport a unique, beautiful and thrilling experience, but we're not done yet! With your support we can expand the game, and make it into the best aerial playground you've ever seen.
Volo Airsport will change significantly over the course of development. If you are not excited to play the game in its current state, then you may want to wait until the game progresses further in development.
What does Early Access mean, and what do I get for my purchase?
You get instant access to the game and can start playing! You get access to current and future versions of Volo Airsport for a single purchase.
The price will increase as the game grows. If you want to get it cheap, get it now.
What's in it now?
- A single, finely tuned wingsuit to fly with
- A huge landscape inspired by the Swiss and French Alps, with lots of lines to try
- An advanced and completely customizable time and weather system
- Time trail courses that show you some cool lines to fly on the map
- A course editor to make your own courses and share them with other players
- Multiple camera perspectives (including first-person view)
- Highly configurable graphics and input settings
- VR Support (Gamepad Required)
Where is it going?
The game design is changing as we go along, but we can tell you that we're thinking about the following features:
- Online Multiplayer
- Parachutes and other ways to fly
- Walking, jumping from exit points
- Player-designed Skydiving Styles
- Customizable Gear Design (Aerodynamics & Looks)
- Player-Created Events and Challenges
- Replay Editor & Screenshot Mode
- Additional maps
- Mod Support
What is the risk of Early Access?
The catch is that if sales don't get the finances we need, we obviously can't keep developing it. If that happens, we cannot refund all purchases, as obviously we have rent to pay, and the money that came in has already been spent.
When is the next version of Volo Airsport coming?
We're aiming for monthly stable releases, with more frequent beta releases on the Steam Test Branch.
Frequently asked questions
The GameWhere can I get a press copy of the game?
You can request a press copy of Volo Airsport through our distribute() page.I need the Manual, where is it? I purchased the game in the past but can't access new versions, help!
Sorry about that! Send us an email using the email address you used for your purchase and we'll sort it out.
DevelopmentAre you looking for team members?
We certainly are, get in touch! We are especially looking for 3D artists.Are you still working on The Aurora Wager?
We would love to work more on The Aurora Wager, but we have very limited resources (time, people, money) available. Right now we can only focus on one game at a time.
MonetizationCan I create videos of your games and share them online?
Absolutely, we'd love it if you did. Share them with us on the forums!Can I monetize those videos?
Go right ahead! (Full permission details)
Our PoliticsWhat is your stance on #GamerGate?
Some folks are worried about journalistic integrity and ethics in the game industry, which is worth a discussion. However, #GamerGate is also being used to legitimize a torrent of harassment that is alienating some of gaming's most unique and important voices. The reasoning behind the abuse is based on unsubstantiated claims, and is often predisposed against minorities.
If you're contributing to the harassment of anyone, for whatever reason, know that we are not making games for you. Please change.
Volo Airsport is available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7 SP1, Max OS X 10.9, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Dual Core CPU 2.6Ghz
- 4GB RAM
- 500MB Free Disk Space
- Dedicated Graphics Card (GeForce 650GT or equivalent)
- Broadband Internet Connection (to download updates)
A dedicated graphics card is definitely recommended. Windows and Mac computers with Intel Integrated Graphics chips: HD4000 minimum, any lower results in very low framerates.
VR System Requirements
- Windows 7 SP1 or up
- Intel i5-4590
- 4GB RAM
- NVidia GeForce 970
These requirements are not set in stone. As we refine the game less powerful systems might become able to run the game, especially for VR.
You can play the game with mouse and/or keyboard, but the game plays best with a gamepad like the Xbox 360, Xbox One or Playstation 4 controllers. Joysticks are also supported.
Ramjet Anvil is a small independent game studio based in the Netherlands.
It was founded in 2010 by Martijn for the purpose of making games. Having just finished studies in music composition and technology he found that making games was actually really difficult. Years later, here we are, ready to share Volo Airsport with the world.
Today Ramjet Anvil consists of the following members and contributors:
- Michael Manning - Sound Designer / Composer
- Moldybyrd Studio - Concept Art / Branding / Website
- Robin Vink - Game Designer / 2D-3D Artist for The Aurora Wager
We’re currently working on two games about flying:
- Volo Airsport - A game about skydiving with wingsuits
- The Aurora Wager - A game about flying in a hot air balloon
Contact us about:
- Preview builds, information, interviews, events
- Questions about game development
- Freelance design and programming
- Anything else! (Well, mostly anything anyway)
Join the team of two game makers working on the early-access title Volo Airsport.
3D artist (Freelance or Internship)
We’re looking for someone who can take control over large aspects of the look and feel of the game. As a 3D artist you think and discuss about how to best translate the concept art to in-game 3D models. Since the game is currently in early-access you will immediately see your work out in the wild.
- Modeling, texturing, rigging, and to a lesser extent animation.
- Experience making characters and environment props.
- Used to working with an iterative workflow.
- Not afraid to tackle problems you’re not familiar with.
- Experience with sculpting, retopo, and baking for game engines.
- Experience with the Unity engine.
You’ll work in a multidisciplinary team where everyone has multiple roles.
- A chance to learn the ins-and-outs of developing an early-access game, how to make design decisions, expand the game and deal with feedback from the community.
- A chance to work on an indie title that has a very dedicated community.
- Help with the technicalities that come with building models for a game, including performance and time constraints.
- A financial compensation for your efforts.
To apply send us an email with your motivation and portfolio to email@example.com
P.S. Volo Airsport does not contain any guns.